13 Lakh units of Maruti Suzuki Swift sold in 10 years
Mr RS Kalsi, the executive director of Maruti and Suzuki speaking to the media on the occasion of company’s sales milestone said in a statement,
Over 1.3 million Swift cars have been bought in India so far, transforming the landscape of the Indian auto industry and inspiring new products, market segments and categories. Over the years, the Swift has evolved in features, looks and technology, often defining the changes in aspiration and preferences of Indian car customers
The Maruti Swift hatchback was first launched in the year 2004 in Japan. Maruti Suzuki Swift’s India launch happened in the year 2005. The car has recorded numerous records one after the other outperforming itself to the next level. Maruti Suzuki was first launched in the petrol variant only. In the year 2007 once the hatchback crossed the sales of 1 lakh units, the diesel variant of the car which has 1.3 litre DDiS engine was launched. After the launch of Swift Diesel, the sales of the car hit the record high.
Maruti Suzuki Swift’s concept to reality
- In the year 2002, Paris Motor Show : Rally inspired Concept S showcased the mirroring influences from 2 and 4 wheel racing activities.
- In the year 2003, Frankfurt Motor Show, The second concept, Concept S2 was unveiled which was an open-top sports car.
- In the year 2004, at the Paris Motor Show event Swift was first showcased.
- In the November month of 2004, Swift was launched in Japan
- In the month of May in 2005, Swift was launched in India
Maruti Suzuki Swift’s Evolution
- When it comes to evolution of the car, there are numerous stages –
- In the year 2005, launch of Swift happened in launch.
- In the year 2007, Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel variant of the car was launched.
- In the year 2010, the car was updated with minor changes.
- In the August 2011,Maruti Suzuki Swift found a full model change.
- In the October 2014, Maruti Suzuki Swift again found a minor change.
Timeline of Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Milestone
- In January 2007, Swift surpassed 100,000 units.
- In March 2008, 200,000 units of Maruti Suzuki Swift was launched.
- By February 2008, Maruti Suzuki Swift crossed 300,000 units.
- In January of 2010: Swift crossed 500,000 units
- By September 2013 10 Lakh units of Maruti Suzuki Swift were sold.
- By April 2015: cumulative sales of Maruti Suzuki crossed 13 lakh units.
There has been numerous stories on customer loyalty with different Swift Fan clubs and innovative marketing campaigns emerging – which collectively resulted in the iconic status of the Swift brand.
A new Avatar, Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel offered 10% increase in fuel efficiency whereas the Swift Petrol improved by 9.5%, making Maruti Swift one of the most fuel efficient car in its category.
The Automaker, Maruti Suzuki India now has lined up month-long celebrations to engage with Maruti Swift owners, fans and enthusiasts to mark this milestone.