India’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India today announced a 28% rise in sales in the January-September 2022 period, delivering 11,469 new cars. With this Mercedes-Benz India sold more new cars than it did in the entire CY 2021. The sales growth, despite supply shortages is buoyed by a young product portfolio, resurgent customer sentiment scaling up businesses and the ongoing festive period. The strong sales performance breached the pre-pandemic momentum and underpins the growing customer aspiration and preference for a Mercedes-Benz car in core markets. This demand is sustained with a stable economy, strong market outlook and resilient businesses across sector.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented,
“Our sales performance is a combination of our attractive product portfolio, bullish customer sentiments and the ongoing festive season. The ‘Made in India EQS’ is receiving an overwhelming response from customers, and we already have 300+ confirmed bookings for the luxury EV. We also have a robust order bank across all models and our focus remains to deliver these cars to our customers, on time. We are confident of maintaining the sales momentum in the coming months with newer products and service offerings in the pipeline.”
Martin Schwenk added,
“Our sales are at pre-pandemic level, having crossed CY 2021 sales numbers in the first nine months this year. The current market momentum gives us the confidence for striving to achieve our highest sales ever. However, it also remains our endeavour to produce as many cars as possible to cater to the growing demand, amidst the current supply constraints.”
Mercedes-Benz rolled-out the EQS 580 4MATIC from its assembly lines last month and will be introducing the EQB luxury EV in Q4 2022.
- 28% sales growth in Jan-Sep 2022 with 11,469 units delivered (8958 units in Jan-Sep 21)
- High demand for top-end vehicles continue: GLS Maybach 600, Maybach S-Class, S-Class along with AMGs witnessed high customer demand
- LWB E-Class continues to remain India’s most preferred ‘luxury sedan’: The LWB E-Class remained the single highest selling model for Mercedes-Benz in Jan-Sep 22 period
- GLE & GLS luxury SUVs set new sales record in Q3: 30% of MB India Q3 2022 sales volume comprised the two luxury SUVs | GLS sold its highest volumes in Sep-2022
- All round performance across sedan portfolio: Demand for A-Class Limousine, C-Class, LWB E-Class and S-Class continued
- First customer deliveries of the EQS 580 have started and new bookings will be delivered early 2023
- Total order bank of Mercedes-Benz India as of YTD September 2022 is 7000+ units
- Despite high production and deliveries, Mercedes-Benz witnessed increased order bank due to high customer demand
You can add more to this story by commenting below.