The leaders of the luxury and performance car market in India, Mercedes-Benz set a new benchmark in the performance saloon segment with the launch of the most powerful E-Class of all time – the AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+. This agile yet practical saloon comes equipped with a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that generates a stupendous 450 kW (612 hp) of power. It accelerates to 100 km/h from standstill in a mere 3.4 seconds, making it the quickest car in the entire Mercedes-AMG line-up. The newest masterpiece from the Mercedes-AMG portfolio was launched by Mr. Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
Mr. Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said,
The Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ is the ultimate interpretation of a luxury performance saloon. We believe it is the world’s most intelligent executive saloon – in its sportiest form. To be precise, it is the most powerful E-Class in history. Never before has there been such an extensive and radical transformation from one model generation to the next. The new E 63 S personifies driving performance, whether one wants to dwell in the comfortable rear seats and head to work or take the front seat and boss this beast around, we are happy to offer our patrons the best of both worlds. My personal favourite feature of this super saloon is the ‘drift mode’, which comes as standard. Wondering how a 4MATIC will drift? Well, thanks to the fully variable torque distribution. With this new generation of the E 63 S, our renowned AMG engineers have left no stone unturned in satisfying the needs of those ardent petrol heads/performance enthusiasts.
Roland Folger further added,
Our AMG strategy in India has been very well received by our discerning customers. From the track to the tarmac, to tricky terrains, we broke lap records, introduced never seen before variants and drove past our competitors in some style! We offer to our AMG customers, a large variety of cars to choose from. We offer at least one model each from the ‘43’, ‘45’ ’63’ and GT model range in India. We believe a key factor to grab the attention of Young Indians is not only for a Mercedes-
Benz but also for an AMG. The average AMG customer age in India is 30 years, which is a notable 7 years lesser than that of an average Mercedes-Benz buyer. We will be launching many more AMGs and dream cars through the year, so do stay tuned to Mercedes-Benz.
New Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ Specifications
Technical specifications of the Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ Performance Data
- Engine arrangement/cylinders: 4.0-litre V8 bi-turbo with direct injection
- Displacement: 3982cc
- Power 450 kW (612 hp) at 5750 – 6500 rpm
- Peak Torque850 Nm at 2500–4500 rpm
- Acceleration (0-100 km/h) 3.4 seconds
- Top Speed 250 km/h (electronically limited) 300 km/h (AMG Driver’s package)
- Transmission AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9-speed sports transmission
- Drive system: AMG Performance 4MATIC+ permanent all-wheel drive with variable torque distribution and drift mode
Most powerful engine ever installed in an E-Class – twin-turbo V8 with 450 kW (612 hp) of power, zooms from 0-100 km/h in a mere 3.4 seconds, making it the quickest saloon from Mercedes-Benz
- The E 63 S 4MATIC+ features Cylinder Deactivation System for the first time; sets a benchmark for efficiency in the segment
- The AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT (Multi Clutch Technology) nine-speed sport transmission is combined with a wet start-off clutch for the first time to enable more agile response times
- The innovative 4MATIC+ drive system offers fully variable torque distribution on the front and rear axles to ensure optimum traction. Drift mode comes as standard
- Completely re-engineered AMG sport suspension based on the AIR BODY CONTROL, with fully supporting multi-chamber air suspension for maximum lateral and longitudinal dynamics
- Expressive exterior design, featuring a new radiator grille, coupé-style inset bonnet and an aerodynamically sound wide and muscular front apron
- The intense relationship between AMG and the E-Class goes back more than four decades, with the legendary Mercedes-Benz 300 SE from 1965
- Mercedes-Benz India now offers 14 AMG models in the country
- Those who seek further exclusivity can additionally customize this car with our renowned ‘designo’ individualization options
You can add more to this story by commenting below.