India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. introduces the new version of Yamaha MT-09 in the Indian market today. Built with the “power of a monster” and the “agility of a roadster”, the new MT-09 has been introduced in a bid to strengthen its superbike segment in the market. Developed on the concept of a “multi-performance neo-roadster” that is in sync with the global MT Series design direction, this ballistic brother is the upgrade to the existing MT-09 that promises superior experience through its striking design and extraordinary technology.
The new MT-09 is priced at INR 10, 88,122/- (Ex showroom in Delhi) which is pegged lower than the existing model’s price, thereby transmitting the Goods & Service Tax (GST) benefits to the customers. It will be available at selected dealers across the country.
The new Yamaha MT-09 mounts a newly developed 847 cc, 3-Cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valves engine with ABS technology. Main features include
- Compact and light weight engine
- Leaping stance
- Long Sharper stronger and compact profile
- Advanced rear view with 3D appearance
- Swing arm mounter rear fender.
With minimalistic design frills, this bike is aimed at providing a boastful riding experience accompanied with superior performance.
Yamaha MT-09 is targeted towards the youngsters who are stepping up from 600 cc sports model or thinking for downsizing from a large-displacement model and looking for a two-wheeler with superior characters like agile performance with swaggering power yet a compact build for efficient handling. This model will be imported as a Completely Built Unit (CBU) by India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. (IYM).
Also read: Yamaha FZ25 Review
Commenting on the launch of the new MT-09, Mr. Roy Kurian, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd. said,
Yamaha technology is known globally to offer the desired nimbleness and edge which motorcyclists seek from a two wheeler. It is exciting to announce the introduction of the new MT-09 in the Indian market shortly after its successful run globally. The new MT- 09 will reiterate Yamaha’s commitment to offer in India the very best mix of Yamaha’s superior expertise coupled with its unique flair for innovation. The new MT-09 has been constructed with excellent rigidity balance that contributes towards the bike’s agile handling performance and power delivery.
Yamaha MT-09 Price and Colors
New design highlighting MT character
- Front face with a bad-boy look: Compact headlight assembly with four LED lights
- Styling with a condensed look and feel: Radiator side-fins, large air-scoops
- Symbolic MT Series characteristics: Newly designed rear view, “winglets” under the headlights
- Special look and feel to the body: single-sided swing arm mounted rear fender and Tail light integrated into the body (sub frame 30 mm shorter at rear end)
More advanced functions for higher quality ride and performance
- Sportier ride in a variety of scenes: Added compression damping adjustor to the front suspension
- Enjoy smoother corner entry: A&S clutch
- Smoother upshifting with the Quick Shift System (QSS)
- More involved feel in controlling the machine: New seat design
You can add more to this story by commenting below.