India is a economic focused country when it comes to automobile here people consider buying a car mainly based on their running cost . At the same time we also have a lot of car enthusiast in here , there are lot of big and small tuneing and modification shops spread across our country . From past few years our sports hatchback segment is finally seeing growth in India . if you are looking for a sports hatch within a budget of 15 lakhs . Two famous car for quick shifters are the Maruti Baleno RS and Fiat punto Abarth
Here is a quick comparison of both of these fast cars :-
Maruti Baleno RS vs Fiat Punto Abarth – Styling
Baleno RS: Maruti Baleno RS is a more sporty and aggressive looking than the regular Baleno.
- Bi-xenon projector headlamps and power-operated ORVMs.
- Touches of satin gray all around in the form of new mesh grille, bumper lip at the front and back, and side skirts.
- Alloys are of the same design and size as seen on the Baleno, But they are black in colour specially for the RS version.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS will come in 7 color options– Fire Red, Premium Urban Blue, Premium Silver, Autumn Orange, Ray Blue, Pearl Arctic White and Granite Gray.
Abarth Punto: The Punto Abarth gets a very loud and flashy exterior treatment that screams about the performance credentials of the car.
- The Fiat Abarth Punto comes with Abarth’s scorpion emblem.
- The exterior of the car is enhanced by side body graphics,
- Sporty side skirting and color-coordinated wing mirror caps.
- The sleek black upholstery accentuated by red and yellow stitching give the interiors of the Abarth Punto a dynamic edge.
The Fiat Abarth Punto comes in two color options- Hip Hop Black and Pearl White.
Maruti Baleno RS vs Fiat Punto Abarth -Dimensions
NOTE : Maruti Baleno RS is lighter than fait punto Abarth but the wheelbase is more for Baleno by 10 mm hence these factors can be considered when talking about stability of the car .
Maruti Baleno RS vs Fiat Punto Abarth – Performance
Baleno RS : powered by a turbocharged three-cylinder unit
- producing 102bhp/150Nm of torque
- the front wheels via five-speed manual.
Abarth Punto : powered by the 1.4-litre T-Jet engine
- producing 145bhp/205Nm of torque
- front wheels via a five-speed manual.
It is obviously the most powerful engine of the lot but due to its 1.19 tonne weight is also the heavier than Baleno.
Maruti Baleno RS vs Fiat Punto Abarth – Features
Baleno RS: The new car from Maruti Suzuki will be a lot like the Baleno with some additional features. This includes :
- Updated dashboard
- SmartPlay infotainment system with integrated Apple CarPlay among others.
- ABS as standard
- The Abarth Punto gets ABS as standard
- 5-inch SMART TECH AVN,
- Abarth instrument cluster
- Fully automatic climate control and rear AC vents.
Maruti Baleno RS vs Fiat Punto Abarth – Verdict
- Price – The Baleno RS is cheaper than the Punto Abarth. Baleno with cost around Rs 8.30 lakh where as Punto Abarth will cost around 2 lakhs more than Baleno
- Specifications – Punto Abarth’s 1.4 Petrol motor gives about 45 BHP and 60 Nm more than the Baleno’s smaller 1.0 L unit. However, the Baleno is lighter and wheelbase is 10 mm more than the abarth .
- Features – Both cars are well equipped in terms of features. Baleno RS stands ahead slightly. but the build quality is the best for Punto Abarth
- Design – Punto’s Abarth looks more sportier . where as the Baleno RS looks a bit plain .
You can add more to this story by commenting below.