German automaker Volkswagen has announced new feature enhancements on its India 2.0 cars – Taigun and Virtus. The brand has increased the value proposition and accessibility of the models by adding features such as Auto Headlights and Auto Coming/Leaving Home lights on the Highline variant of the 1.0L TSI Dynamic Line and the GT variant of the 1.5L TSI Performance Line of the Volkswagen Taigun. Additionally, Volkswagen Virtus now offers rear fog lamps across its variants, a safety feature that enhances the vehicle’s visibility on the road.
Volkswagen Taigun and Virtus have been built on the MQB A0 IN platform, known for their strong build and German-engineering prowess, progressive design language, turbocharged (TSI) performance, and comfort and connectivity feature offerings. The models have been widely appreciated, with the Taigun receiving more than 20 awards and recognitions and the Virtus receiving more than 12 awards from Indian automotive media publications between 2021 and 2023.
Taigun, India’s safest SUVW, received a 5-star GNCAP rating for adult and child occupants (as per the new testing protocol). In addition, all MY23 (model year 23) variants on these carlines are RDE and E20 norms-compliant, making them environment friendly.
Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, said, “Product development is a continuous process at Volkswagen and we strongly believe the additional and new feature offerings across the Taigun and Virtus variants will increase their accessibility as well as value proposition for our customers.”
The updated versions of both models will be available across the Volkswagen India network which comprises 159 sales touchpoints in 118 cities.
- The Volkswagen Taigun is India’s safest SUVW and has received 5-star GNCAP rating for adult and child occupants according to the new testing protocol.
- The Volkswagen Virtus, with its ‘Big by Design’ philosophy, is the most-awarded premium mid-size sedan, having received 12+ awards from Indian automotive media houses in 2022-23.
- The Volkswagen Taigun and Virtus are known for their strong build and safety leadership, progressive design language, turbocharged (TSI) performance, comfort and connectivity features, and German-engineering prowess.
- Auto Headlights and Auto Coming Home and Leaving Home lights are now available on the Highline variants of the 1.0L TSI Dynamic line and GT variant of the 1.5L TSI Performance Line of the Volkswagen Taigun.
- The Volkswagen Virtus now offers rear fog lamps across its variants, a safety feature that enhances the vehicle’s visibility on the road.
- All MY23 (model year 23) cars on the Taigun and Virtus carlines are RDE and E20 norms-compliant, making them environment friendly.
- The brand announces a price hike of up to 2% across its model range effective 1 April 2023 due to rising input costs.
You can add more to this story by commenting below.