India Yamaha Motor (IYM) Pvt. Ltd. today announced the launch of its much-awaited super sports bike YZF-R15 (Version 3.0) during the inaugural day of Auto Expo 2018. The new super sports model offers a 155 cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine that uses innovative technologies like Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) and Assist & Slipper (A&S) Clutch.
Continuing with the great legacy of R-DNA since 1998 with the launch of YZF-R1, Yamaha carries the similar high technology and high performance forward with its new YZF-R15 (Version 3.0). It is armed with a powerful 155 cc engine with high compression ratio resulting in maximum 19.3 PS power at 10,000 RPM delivering a torque of 15 N.M at 8500 RPM.
Yamaha introduces the revolutionary VVA system in India with this version which delivers top-end power without sacrificing torquey character in the low to mid-range rpm. This results in linear acceleration and high performance character along with sharper throttle response. Mounted on a Delta box frame, this technology promises a more powerful, feature rich and sportier model, along with the shift light and VVA indicator which makes the power band simple to manage. The Assist & Slipper (A&S) Clutch has been adopted to reduce the weight of the clutch pull and provide a low stress shifting during deceleration. The A&S Clutch provides smooth and enjoyable downshifts during the ride.
With its weight (wet) of 139 kg and a massive 170 mm ground clearance, the new YZF-R15 (Version 3.0) gets a stylish look from its fully digital instrument console and LED head and tail light. Yamaha’s high performance handling is all about creating a machine that responds naturally to the riders’ control perceptions. The feeling of rider-machine unity is achieved through the upgraded riding position (more aggressive) and wider size rear tire (same size as offered in YZF-R3). In order to further encourage the racing enthusiasts, Yamaha will also market “Racing kit” consisting of Metzeler tyre along with Daytona muffler and Frame Slider with the new version. This kit can be additionally purchased from authorized dealers of Yamaha.
On the occasion, The Chairman of Yamaha Motor India Group of companies, Mr. Motofumi Shitara said,
Yamaha is delighted to be a part of Auto Expo 2018, the country’s biggest auto show. India is a key growth market for Yamaha and the company’s performance so far has been backed by a robust line-up and distribution. Today’s launch of YZF-R15 (Version 3.0) is in line with Yamaha’s commitment to introduce global products and embodies Yamaha’s core philosophy of performance, design and innovation. Yamaha is confident that this launch will further bolster its presence in the popular 150 cc segment.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Roy Kurian, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd. said,
The inheritance of R-DNA inflicts upon an extraordinary pursuit of technology and performance; precisely it’s what the Yamaha’s R Series is all about. Pushing off with innumerable race victories, this unbeatable combination of power and performance is now ready for India. The YZF-R15 (Version 3.0) will offer an enthralling technology and enormous riding attitude to the customers, whereas the additional purchase option of “Racing Kit” consisting of Metzeler tyre will perk up the overall experience for the racing enthusiasts.
Yamaha YZF-R15 (Version 3.0) Specifications
- Bigger 155 cc Engine along with a new bore x stroke ratio of 58mm x 58.7 mm and a higher compression ratio of 11.6:1
- Forged aluminum pistons and DiaSil Cylinders are carried over from the previous generation which gives class leading durability to the motorcycle’s engine
- 5.5 litre air cleaner [60% more than previous generation], larger diameter intake port of 30mm and a valve design
- Newly design crank case vents which decreases pumping loss and increases power
- New engine warmup method circulates the coolant within the engine itself and the thermostat opens and allows the coolant to circulate through the radiator, thus allowing for faster engine warmup
- New muffler design with a 3 stage expansion & a 3 way catalytic convertor contributes to environmental performance
- Design and style inspiration from its siblings YZF- R1 and YZF- R6
- “Next Strain of R-DNA” is a high-level fusion of a universal sense of beauty and an expression of speed that suggests a new dimension of riding
- It balances the following factors in its design and styling a front face reminiscent of the YZF-R1
fairings that give visual form to the airflow a silhouette that alludes to its performance and handling gear position indicator
- The cockpit also has a serious and aggressive look with a hoard of features in the instrument console including 18 parameter display
2018 Yamaha R15 Colors
2018 Yamaha R15 gets following colors:
- Racing Blue
- Thunder Grey
2018 Yamaha R15 Price
The all new 2018 Yamaha R15 has been priced at INR 1,25,000/-
You can add more to this story by commenting below.