What to expect from Maruti Baleno?
The Japan based leading car manufacturer in India, Maruti Suzuki has unveiled details on its upcoming hatchback Maruti Baleno before its official launch which is scheduled to happen on October 26, 2015. We have seen numerous tweets from Nexa Experience twitter account regarding bookings and launch of Baleno. The earlier reports from various automotive portals revealed that Maruti Suzuki will be selling its Baleno cars exclusively at Nexa premium outlets and the car will directly take on likings of its competitors like Hyundai i20.
The all new Baleno from Maruti would be coming in two engine options – the 1.2-litre 83.1 bhp petrol (which is mated to manual and optional CVT gearbox) and the 1.3-litre 73.9 bhp diesel (mated to manual gearbox).
As we reported earlier, the dimensions of Maruti Baleno measures 3995mm in length, 1745mm in width, 1500mm in height and comes with 2520 mm wheelbase. The fuel tank capacity of Maruti Baleno is 37-litre. The diesel Maruti Baleno car weighs around 960kgs, and the petrol manual variant weighs 890 kgs (maximum). This indicates that Maruti Baleno is going to be lighter than that of Maruti Swift hatchback although the dimensions of the car is bigger than that of Swift.
The base variant of Maruti Baleno would get 185-section, 15-inch wheels as standard, and the top trim of Maruti Baleno will be getting much bigger 16-inch alloy wheels. Talking about the exteriors of the car, Maruti Baleno will be offered in 6 different color options. When it comes to safety features of Maruti Baleno, all the variants of car shall come with ABS, EBD and dual front airbags as a standard feature.
Here’s a look at some of the features on offer on the new Baleno:
Maruti Baleno Variants and feature list
We already published on our blog that Maruti Baleno would be launching in 4 different variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The following list contains Baleno features variant wise.
Maruti Baleno Sigma
Baleno’s Sigma variant boasts of following features:
- Dual front airbags
- ABS (Anti-lock braking system) with EBD (Electronic Braking Distribution)
- Power windows for the front seats
- The power steering would also get the tilt functionality.
- Gear shift indicator
- Parcel tray in the rear
- AC with heater
- Central locking system
- LED tail-lamps
- Driver seat-belt reminder warning
Maruti Baleno Delta
Along with features in Sigma variant, Maruti Baleno Delta variant would come with these features:
- Power windows (front and rear)
- Audio with FM/MP3/CD/Bluetooth/AUX/USB
- Rear wiper with defogger
- AC with Climate control
- Power folding and adjustable wing mirrors with indicators
- Parking sensors in the rear
- Steering-mounted audio controls
- 60:40 split rear seat
- Keyless entry
- CVT gearbox variant (petrol only)
- Chrome surround for front grille
Maruti Baleno Zeta
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob
- Telescopic steering wheel
- Automatic headlamps with follow-me-home function
- Alloy wheels
- Driver’s seat height adjust
- Keyless entry and go with push button start
- Front fog lamps
- Chrome-finish door handles
- Glovebox, boot and front footwell illumination.
- Multi-function display with colour TFT
Maruti Baleno Alpha
With all the above features – the top-end trim Maruti Baleno gets following features:
- Projector headlamps
- Reverse camera
- SmartPlay infotainment with Apple CarPlay (First-time in this segment)
- Infotainment system to get Navigation system option
- Voice command control